This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kimsea Sok 2 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

A few days ago, I got a question from a newbie blogger on Facebook. He asked me related to choosing blogging platform. As he was concern about what is the different between Blogger and WordPress system, and which one is the better blogging platform.

Well, the above question is one of common question for me in 2009. However, I decided to go with WordPress in 2012. The bellow are the reasons why I switched from Blogger to WordPress platform:

#1 I afraid of losing my business

This what I learnt from one of my friends who is a Blogspot blogger. He has blogging with Blogger since 2004 until his blog was deleted in 2016. He spent above six to develop the content for his blog, but every was gone without any notify.

As I could remember his blog convert over 800 daily visitors and around $1000 a month. Likewise, those also gone when the blog was deleted.
    Of course, when you decided to start with Blogger, you need to accept Blogger’s terms and followed the rule. Otherwise, your business will be heart attacked without any confirmation or notification.

#2 I need more professional

Although Blogger is available for free to everyone, it doesn’t provide me the completely control of my blog customizing. I’m not a professional IT blogger, but I knowledge of HTML, CSS, and PHP language which is able to customize my blog designs myself. Even there are many Blogger template and Template customizing are available on Blogger, but those aren’t what I want, what is more, the XHTML make me so difficult and complicated.

#3 Blogger not to followed my way

Well, as you can enjoy here. Many functions existed in the community such as forum, private message, group discussion, and so many more which Google didn’t provided those to me. I have my own ways and plan to work with business, thus I demand extra feature to make the business running smoothly.

#4 Search Engine is one of the majors problem

I’m not a super SEO marketer thus I need to stuffs to assist me in optimize better search engine. Google are king of search engine, even so he don’t give the me the complete optimized blogging platform. I have no idea what it’s thinking…!

#5 The business require better performance blog

You can get 1GB free and addition storage space from Blogger, but it isn’t good enough for your business. When the business is growing and traffic widen, many problems will be occur on your blog. So, what will you need…? Of course, a better speed and great customer support. Google not so much care about blogger, and I’m not to mention about slow loading speed.

#6 IIII…..

I may forgot half of the reasons. If you know what they are please let’s me know…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 BasicBlogTalk, the best blogging community. Designed by: KLEO THEME, Seven Queen

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account

Join our list

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.

Join our list

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Something went wrong.

Join our list

Something went wrong.

Join our list

Something went wrong.